7 Tips on How to Prevent Flea and Tick Bites on your Pets
- Adopting a Dog, Adoption, arthritis, Automatic Pet Feeder, automatic pet toys, cancer, cat, cat care, Cat Food, cat grooming, Cat Health, Cat Hydration, cat movies, Cat Tips, cat toys, cat treats, cats, celebrities, cleaning tips, cute moments, diet, dog, Dog Adoption, dog breed, dog care, Dog Depression, Dog Food, dog grooming, Dog Health, Dog Lifestyle, dog movies, Dog Tips, dog toys, Dog Training, dogs, drinking, family dog, flea and tick, flea bite, grain-free, Grieving, grooming, grooming kit, grooming tools, Home Alone Dogs, Home Alone Pets, home remedies, how to groom, interactive pet toys, joint pain, lactose, life hack, loss of pets, lost and found, milk, missing cat, missing dog, missing pet, movies, nail grinder, natural remedies, neutering, obese pets, obesity, overweight, paw washer, pet cancer, Pet care, pet diet, pet emergency, Pet Feeder, Pet food, pet grooming, pet health, Pet Lifestyle, pet milk, pet movies, pet needs, pet owner, pet photography, pet toys, pets, pets death, photography tips, post-surgical care, prevent flea and tick bites, Puppy Care, shaver, spaying, Stop Dog Barking, Superfoods, surgical care, tick bite, tips, Toxic Food for Dogs, toxic food for pets, Training Tips, valentine, Veterinarian, water, water fountain
- 21 Jun, 2020
Preventing flea and tick bites on your pets can save you a lot of visits to the veterinary. Fleas and ticks are parasites that feed on your pet's blood. Finding ticks are like a nightmare to every pet owner. These sneaky little buggers are annoying to spot and they hide in the parts of your pets you least thought of. They are small but your pets may end up with life-threatening diseases because of some tiny fleas and ticks bite. Lyme disease, Ehrlichia, anaplasmosis, babesiosis, Bartonella, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever are some of the diseased caused by ticks infestation. So it's important to know how to prevent your pet from becoming a warm bed for fleas and ticks.
Where to Check your Pet for Ticks?It is important to remove ticks once it's spotted on your cats or dogs. You shouldn't just check on the flat surface of their body but you have to look deep between the toes, inside of ears, armpit areas, and neck areas. When removing the flea or tick, make sure to have all parts of the tick's body removed from the skin. Pull the tick out slowly because the tick's mouth may still be embedded on your pet's skin if you try to twist it out.
Symptoms of Flea & Tick BitesDetecting flea and tick bites on earlier stages can avoid a lot of complications or disease contractions for your pet. Here are a few symptoms you should be aware of:
- Your pets keep on scratching, licking or biting themselves
- Irritation on skin
- Noticeable hair loss on your pet
- Pale gum color
- Tapeworms in stool
- Dark grains of sand on fur (Flea dirt)
- White grains on fur (Flea eggs)
- Droppings or “flea dirt” in a dog’s coat (small dark "grains of sand")
- Flea eggs (tiny, white grains)
- Decreased appetite