7 Tips on How to Help your Pet with Joint Pain
- Adopting a Dog, Adoption, arthritis, Automatic Pet Feeder, automatic pet toys, cancer, cat, cat care, Cat Food, cat grooming, Cat Health, Cat Hydration, cat movies, Cat Tips, cat toys, cat treats, cats, celebrities, cleaning tips, cute moments, diet, dog, Dog Adoption, dog breed, dog care, Dog Depression, Dog Food, dog grooming, Dog Health, Dog Lifestyle, dog movies, Dog Tips, dog toys, Dog Training, dogs, drinking, family dog, flea and tick, flea bite, grain-free, Grieving, grooming, grooming kit, grooming tools, Home Alone Dogs, Home Alone Pets, home remedies, how to groom, interactive pet toys, joint pain, lactose, life hack, loss of pets, lost and found, milk, missing cat, missing dog, missing pet, movies, nail grinder, natural remedies, neutering, obese pets, obesity, overweight, paw washer, pet cancer, Pet care, pet diet, pet emergency, Pet Feeder, Pet food, pet grooming, pet health, Pet Lifestyle, pet milk, pet movies, pet needs, pet owner, pet photography, pet toys, pets, pets death, photography tips, post-surgical care, prevent flea and tick bites, Puppy Care, shaver, spaying, Stop Dog Barking, Superfoods, surgical care, tick bite, tips, Toxic Food for Dogs, toxic food for pets, Training Tips, valentine, Veterinarian, water, water fountain
- 21 Jun, 2020
Joint pain don't just occur to senior pets only, some young pets may also suffer from stiff joints. Arthritis and joint inflammation are quite common in pets and you might just save them from a lot of pain by catching it earlier. If you suspect your pet is suffering from joint pain, bring them to visit a veterinarian as soon as possible.
Causes of Joint Pain in your PetDuring the aging process, your pet's joint may naturally degenerate, causing joint pain. Cartilages and ligaments act as a cushion between bones at a joint. As your pet gets older, it may deteriorate and become less flexible. Injury, infection, and dislocation of the joint can also cause arthritis in pets. A traumatic injury scenario where a pet is hit by a car might cause their joint to be exposed to contamination by environmental microorganisms. If your dog or cat is overweight, it might put strain and distress to their joint resulting in arthritis or any other joint disease too.
SymptomPet owners should be wary and attentive to their pet's condition, and if you notice that they are acting weird, don't hesitate to bring your dog or cat to a veterinarian for a quick check-up, it can save you a lot of worries and doubts. Here are a few signs that your pet might be suffering from joints problem
- Decrease activity
- They have trouble getting up
- Your pets avoid walking stairs at home
- They have trouble moving or jumping
- Hesitancy to move
- They get tired of walking
- Stiffness and slowness when getting up
- Limping or holding their limb up