9 Expert Guides to Find Your Missing Pet in Singapore
- 21 Jun, 2020
1. Stay CalmIf you realized your furry friend has gone missing, do not panic! If you lost it within the last few hours, search the surrounding areas of where you last saw your pet. Try to ask your friends/ family, or even the strangers nearby for any sighting of your missing pet. If possible, try to put yourself in your pet’s shoes, and think whether it will hide or continue running. This method is to help you to “analyze” your pet’s behaviors so you could get the idea of where it might be. As you know pets are often curious, they might just get carried away with any moving objects around you. So, just calm down and think- maybe they are just nearby.
2. Make A ‘Lost Pet’ ReportCall the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Singapore at 6287 5355 to report your missing pet as soon as possible. You may also click here to make a Lost/ Found form for your missing pet. If they have successfully received your report, it will be advertised in The Straits Times Classified for two days and on their official website for five days. You should also call the number 1800 289 9988 to advertise in the ‘Lost’ column of the Strait Times.
3. Call to Check If Your Pet Has Been FoundIf there is still no sign of your pet, make sure to give Animal & Veterinary Service a call at 1800 476 1600. They might have already found and picked up your missing pet. Upon calling, remember to provide a clear description of your missing pet, especially if it has any distinctive physical or character traits. Information such as:
- Your pet’s name, breed, age, color, sex
- Description of any special body markings or tags (Collars, license badge, etc.)
- Where and when your pet went missing
Also, be sure to check the ‘Found’ column of the Straits Times Classified as someone might have found your pet and advertised it.